Jonathan Kingston and Images and Inspiration have the philosophy that art is meant to be seen. Our licensing policies are thus designed to balance the costs that go into creating our images with the desire to provide inspiration through our images on the internet and around the world. Images and Inspiration allows use of Jonathan’s images in two ways:
CREATIVE COMMONS, ATTRIBUTION-NONCOMMERCIAL-NODERIVS LICENSE
WITH CREATIVE COMMONS YOU ARE FREE:
To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
Attribution: Attribution to Jonathan Kingston must be made along with the image.
Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
SAMPLE ACCEPTED USE OF THE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE:
- Blog Post describing a trip to India
- A website for a school project about the use color and shape in art
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT BASED on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place. Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Jonathan Kingston and Images and Inspiration. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SAMPLE USE REQUIRING A LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture
- License to own a individual print for use in a private home